Bretton Pet Sitting is licensed by Flintshire County Council for the boarding of pets.

To run a boarding kennel or cattery, you need a licence from the local authority. The number of dogs and cats that may be accommodated will be specified on the licence along with other specific conditions.

A local authority may authorise an officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner to inspect licensed premises.

Call Maxine on landline 01244 660797 or mobile 0780 547 9712

Eligibility criteria

An applicant must not be disqualified from any of the following at the time of the application:

- keeping an animal boarding establishment

- keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951

- keeping animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954

- owning, keeping, being involved in the keeping or being entitled to control or influence the keeping of animals, dealing in animals or transporting or being involved in the transportation of animals under the Animals Welfare Act 2006

Application evaluation process

That the animals will be kept in suitable accommodation at all times. Suitable accommodation takes into account the construction and size of the accommodation, the number of animals to be housed in it, facilities for exercising the animals, cleanliness and temperature, lighting and ventilation provisions.

- That suitable food, drink and bedding materials will be provided and that the animals are exercised and visited regularly.

- That steps are taken to prevent and control the spread of disease among the animals and that isolation facilities are in place.

- That adequate protection is provided to the animals in the case of fire and other emergencies.

- That a register is kept. The register should contain a description of all animals received, their arrival and departure date and the name and address of the owner. The register should be available to be inspected at any time by a local authority officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner.